Refund Rules and Procedure for claims
Cancellation of tickets by passengers:
If passenger is not travelling on a booked ticket, he needs to cancel the ticket as per the conditions specified below;
- Tickets booked at KSRTC / authorised franchisee counters can be cancelled at any of counters on production of Original Counter tickets.
- Tickets booked through online / mobile booking have to be cancelled through online / mobile only. In respect of cancellations, refunds applicable will be made to the concerned Credit card / Online banking account only.
- Guest User: Online tickets booked as Guest User need to be cancelled through “Guest Users Ticket” displayed on the right hand corner side at www.ksrtc.in ( http://www.ksrtc.in/AWATAROnline/preETCancel.do?hiddenAction=GuestUser).
- Registered User: Online tickets booked by Registered users need to be cancelled by the same user by logging in to his account.
- Counter e-ticket: It is mandatory to produce Identity proof along with ticket print-out for cancellation of Counter e-ticket at the counters.
- Tickets booked through master franchisee counters (Bangalore-One) have to be cancelled through respective master franchisee counters / KSRTC counters only.
- Tickets booked through master franchisee websites (Mobile One and BusIndia) have to be cancelled through respective master franchisee websites only.
- Counter working hours: 0700 hrs to 2200 hrs. Counter working hours may vary from place to place.
- Online/Mobile booking and cancellation is available 2400 hrs.
- Cancellation of tickets is allowed till tripsheet is generated for the service in which ticket is booked or two hours before departure, whichever is earlier, as detailed below;
|Ticket booked at||Cancellation is allowed||Remarks|
|KSRTC counters||Upto two hours before service departure.||No refund thereafter.|
|Franchisee counters||Till tripsheet is generated for the booked service OR two hours before service departure, whichever is earlier.||No refund thereafter.|
|Online and mobile booking||Till tripsheet is generated for the booked service OR two hours before service departure, whichever is earlier.||If tripsheet is generated early, cancellation request will be registered.|
|Master franchisee counters and websites||Till tripsheet is generated for the booked service OR two hours before service departure, whichever is earlier.||No refund thereafter.|
Cancellation fee: Cancellation fee will be calculated on the Basic fare collected as per the following slab;
|Cancellation Fee||Duration (Cancellation time)||Remarks|
|10% of the basic fare||Up to 72 hours before the departure time||-|
|25% of the basic fare||Between 72 hours and up to 24 hours before departure time||-|
|50% of the basic fare||Between 24 hours and up to 2 hours before departure time||-|
|100% of the basic fare + Other fees||Less than 2 hours before departure time and at/after the departure time||NO REFUND.|
- Cancellation fee will be deducted from the total collected amount.
- Cancellation slabs (% fare refund) are based on the time of cancellation with reference to the departure time of the service at the place of boarding.
- For cancellation of tickets, cancellation fee is calculated on the journey fare applicable.
- Cancellation of tickets with discounts will be as per the above procedure. However, cancellation charges will be worked out on the basic fare payable by the passenger. Refund amount will be actual fare collected less cancellation fee.
- Reservation fee is non-refundable.
- Bridge fee, User Fee, Toll Fee, Entry Fee, etc. will be completely refunded.
- Above conditions apply for partial cancellations also.
- In case of partial cancellation, the seat no. of the passenger who will not travel has to be cancelled.
- In case of partial cancellations, if number of passengers after cancellations reduces to less than four, group discount for all seats will be withdrawn.
- In case of cancellation of onward journey ticket, discount on return journey ticket will be withdrawn.
- Passengers are requested to keep information regarding the availability of counters at service originating places and the time at which tripsheets are generated to ensure that they get adequate time for cancellation of tickets.
- No refund is allowed for not travelling or not cancelling a ticket.
- For online tickets which cannot be cancelled by the user, the user needs to send email to email@example.com. Date and time of email will be the basis for deciding the refund slabs. Users are also requested to check the response/guidance given by AWATAR cell.
- For guidance in advance booking/cancellations, passengers can contact call center, 080-49596666 (24 hours) OR AWATAR cell on 7760990034, 7760990035 (0700 to 2200 hrs).
Refund claims and procedure
- All refund claims shall be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to call center on 080-49596666.
- Refund claims shall be submitted by passengers within 30 days from the date of journey. Claims received after 30 days will not be considered.
- For all refund claims, passengers need to provide PNR no. or copy of ETM ticket and detail their grievance / reasons for refund claim. Additional details/documents, will have to be submitted where felt necessary to decide the claim.
- All refund claims will be verified by operating units before deciding refunds. The refund process will be completed within 15 days from the date of receiving the claim except claims where detailed investigations are required.
Passenger can claim refund of fare for the below-mentioned reasons;
|Reason for Claiming Refund||Procedure for Refund|
|Service cancelled by KSRTC and communicated through SMS / email.||For online / mobile tickets, refund will be initiated through AWATAR software and refund will be credited to passengers account within seven days. Passengers can contact KSRTC if refund is not received within seven days of date of cancellation.
For tickets booked at counters, passengers will have to produce the original ticket and collect refund from KSRTC / franchisee counters. Such refunds after departure time are allowed at KSRTC counters only.
|Bus departing late by more than two hours or service not operated.||If passenger has not travelled, full refund will be provided.|
|Ticket details missing in trip-sheet due to reservation software error.||If passenger has not travelled, full refund will be provided.|
|Bus did not pick up the passenger at the specified pickup point||Full fare will be refunded if KSRTC is responsible for this claim.|
|Cancellation/late departure of the onward journey service for passengers who have booked both onward and return journey tickets. Refund claim will be for return journey ticket.||Eligible amount will be refunded based on the refund claim.|
|Passenger travelled by lower class of service operated in place of scheduled higher class of service.||Difference in fare will be refunded.|
|Passenger travelled for part of the journey due to service not operated for full distance owing to break-down / accident / any other reasons.||Difference in fare will be refunded.|
|Refund claims due to non-working of AC during the journey.||25% of basic fare for the portion of the journey AC was not working will be refunded.|
|Claims for difference amount due to reservation software errors like less refund during cancellation, excess fare charged in reservation ticket (discount / concession not given, fare reduced) etc.||Eligible amount will be refunded based on the refund claim.|
|Passenger not able to perform the journey using online / mobile ticket due to non-production of Identity proof during the journey||50% of the basic fare will be refunded subject to condition that passenger should have travelled in the same service by purchasing ETM ticket.
Copy of the ETM ticket is mandatory.
No refund is allowed if passenger has not travelled.
|Claim for refund when the passenger was not able to cancel the ticket due to software error, tripsheet printed early, Non-availability / Non-working of reservation counter at passenger departing place.||Eligible amount will be refunded based on date and time of email to
Passengers are requested to check the response/guidance given by AWATAR cell.
Mode of refund:
- For online / mobile tickets, applicable refund will be credited to passengers credit card/netbanking account which was used for booking the ticket.
- For tickets booked at counters, passengers will have to produce the original ticket and collect applicable refund from KSRTC / franchisee counters. Such refunds after departure time are allowed at KSRTC counters only.
- For tickets booked through master franchisee counters (Bangalore-One), passengers will have to produce the original ticket along with Identity proof and collect applicable refund from KSRTC counters only.
- For tickets booked through master franchisee websites (Mobile One and BusIndia), applicable refund will be made through respective master franchisee websites only.
Last updated date 28-04-2016 10:54 am